I thought I would start a MEME since I have no idea how to work these peculiar facts into regular posts.
So five random and odd facts about me.
1.) I LEARNED TO TYPE ON A MANUAL TYPEWRITER.
NO-I am not THAT old! I went to a small Catholic High School that was really tight with a dollar. In 1988, they had twelve Royal manual typewriters and only two electric ones. SO. Only fourteen people could take the class during the year and we all took turns using the electric typewriters. I think it made me a better typist-who knows.
2.) MY GRANDPARENTS PERSONALLY KNEW AND WERE NEIGHBORS TO A GENTLEMAN NAMED HARLAND D. SANDERS.
You may know him better as Col. Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame. I have a picture of myself with him somewhere around here, hopefully I can get it scanned in one day. His very first restaurant was just across the highway from where my grandparents lived and I grew up.
Col. Sanders did an awful lot for our community, including paying for city water line to be laid into our area so we could all have safe city water, and paid for many of his early employees children to go to college, so it makes me beyond ENRAGED when certain idiots from an animal rights group(who shall not be named here) throw fake blood at his grave and put ugly signs on it.
3.) MY MOM TOOK ME TO A ROD STEWART CONCERT WHEN I WAS TWELVE.
And I loved it!! Rod the bod as he was known then was in top form! Hot Pink skin tight spandex will never be the same! We just won't talk about the freak out fit that my mom had when someone passed me a joint or how quickly she grabbed it away from me and passed it to someone else.
4.) I HAVE A SERIOUS WEAKNESS FOR HIGH-END LUXURY SHOES, SUNGLASSES AND PURSES.
All I can say is Praise the Lord for Ebay!!
5.) MY FIRST CAR WAS A 1974 VW CONVERTIBLE.
Again, I am not that old. The car was 19 years old when I bought it and I still own it (even if it doesn't run). When I was young and beautiful tooling around in it, I would often be stopped by older men asking me if I wanted to sell it. When I would tell them it wasn't for sell, they would tell me to talk to my husband about it. To which, I would reply "I had the car before I had him, and I'll have it when I am rid of him, so it is not his concern. The car is not for sale." Yeah, I was a big time smart-a$$. And 15 years later, I still have both!
If you have any odd facts about yourself please feel free to do this meme on your own blog.
Be sure to leave me a comment if you decide to do this.


5 comments:
That's cool about Col. Sanders! And I think anyone's grave should be off limits. You can't receive respect if you won't give it.
My first car is long gone. All I can say is good riddance.
Did the manual typewriter thing myself.
Oh, I loves me my Rod (the bod) Stewart!
that's cool about the Sanders!
All I have to say about your weakness for high-end luxury shoes and purses? http://www.begborrowandsteal.com. Have fun!
i'm addicted to buying purses and flip-flops!!! agh...STOP the insanity!! :D
Post a Comment