So it's been just a little over a month since my mom died. I miss her all day, every day-I don't think that will ever change, but I have to hitch up my pants and try to carry on.
Her death has proved to be pretty eye-opening for me. Someone I loved like a brother has not contacted me to even say "kiss my foot" since. And believe me I sent him the same emails that many of you got, so he's been notified. I don't know why I'm being frozen out so to speak, but it hurts.
My bio-dad didn't make the funeral even though I called to notify him. He was out of town, but his crazy ass sister came to the funeral. She makes me nuts. I will write more about that later.
He has yet to call me to even say he's sorry she died, even though he has proclaimed on many occasions how she was his true love. Such a self-centered ass. So I really don't feel like I was obligated to even acknowledge him for Father's Day. So I didn't.
An incident happened back in March before my mom got so sick, and it really opened my eyes to what living with a falling down drunk would have been like. And I was able to tell my mom how much I loved her and how grateful I was for her strength to get us out of her bad marriage and away from my drunkard bio-dad. I'm so grateful that the Lord showed that to me and I was able to tell her.
Also my mom has relatives that she was quite close to and guess what-haven't heard a word from them. Again-they got the same emails and facebook notices-nothing.
Which brings me to Facebook. I play Mafia Wars on there and belong to several war family's that put me in touch with people from around the world that I've never met in person. Would you believe that I have condolence messages from those people but not some of my friends and family?
So there it is. I'm still here. God Bless you all!


5 comments:
Heather - thanks for popping by my blog! And major hugs to you on the loss of your Mom. Mine has been gone six years as of next week. Time does lessen the hurt...just not the missing them part.
I know how you feel!
My mom died of cancer in 2007 and people avoided talking about it so they ignored us. I would rather they bring it up and make me cry rather than pretend it didn't happen.
I miss my mom every single day and I sometimes forget how her voice sounded.
I am so sorry for your loss!
It sucks to be reliving it again with my husbands mom and his dad died from cancer a few years back so when his mom does die, he will be an orphan like me.
She does take Zofran. I think her nausea right now is from the anesthesia when she had the stent put in.
Heather, I'm so sorry that you are hurting so much. I have a theory, God gives us our relatives so we will know how to chose our friends.
I hope that soon the pain will be loving memories of you Mom. Hugs to you.
Oh, Heather ... :(
As you know, it's about the same length of time since I lost my Mum, but at least I can say that pretty much everyone in our family has been supportive and kind - even the 'black sheep'. Although his 'support' leans very much towards himself, he did at least come and see her in hospital, even if we did have to hustle him out of her room more than once because he was talking about her in a very insensitive way (as in, talking about her condition, the fact that she was going to die and what about the funeral and did she make a will?).
I so feel for you. There is just one thing that might excuse at least some of your family: Mum told me that after Dad died, some of their closest friends would cross the street rather than talk to her simply because they were too emotional and didn't know what they could possibly say. She dealt with it by chasing them down and engaging them in conversation and after that, they were all OK.
Sending hugs, and much sympathy. xx
Well you're going to get one more condolence message from someone you don't know: I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm not going to lecture, but I know from experience after the death of my father, that many people who were our friends sort of dropped off. People have such a fear of death. You certainly are being stoic though, so I have no idea how your friend would find you unapproachable in your grief. Again, my deepest condolences.
Post a Comment