Now it's been a good ten years since we have been to the beach. You see with my fibromyalgia I hate to travel. I am happiest and most comfortable at home.
However, this past year has been trying. Baby Penelope had to have four surgeries and she and I had to stay at the hospital in Lexington for what seemed like for ever, in reality it was probably four weeks and then three weeks. Still not fun.
Then my mom being sick and having to stay with her at various hospitals and make various doctor appointments. Then she died and that in and of itself has been pretty devastating.
The point being kiddies, is Mama Lunatic is burnt out. Toddles is pretty burned out too, but not for the same reasons. And the children have never seen the beach.
So after I booked our reservations and everyone was gone to bed, I was channel surfing, and what should I come upon but BEDBUG APOCALYPSE.
Dear HOLY LORD! I MAY NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE AGAIN!!!! Remember on Frasier how Niles would always dust off a chair before sitting down? Well that's what the experts on Bedbug Apocalypse suggested doing. The bedbugs can and will hop on your clothes while you are out running errands or eating out at a restaurant. Oh the HORROR!!
And then, to make matters worse, I google and our place at the beach has had the bedbugs, however it was last year and they have just come through a summer season without any complaints. So that did ease my mind somewhat.
BUT then I opened my browser and Hurricane Irene is headed for the beach!
I just need to stay home! I don't travel well at all!


No comments:
Post a Comment