Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011-you've nearly killed me and I'm glad you're over!

In summary-

Dame Elizabeth died
Her birthday was the day after my mom's and we loved her from afar.  She was our icon, our ideal.
The clothes, the jewels, the men, those violet eyes-she was one of a kind and we will never see her likes again(no matter how hard Kim Kardashian or Victoria Beckham try.)

My mama died.

My husband got news that the company he works for is closing so he will be losing his job.  He's worked for the same company for 18 years.  We live in a very depressed area of Appalachia, so good jobs are few and far between.  I just keep praying that G-d will bring us something better.  I know he will, but the waiting is hard.  I worry for the town/county where the factory is located, it was part of the reason they were even able to build a hospital.  

My hair stylist showed up for an appointment so drunk he had pissed himself, so that was the end of that relationship.  I believe this happened so that I could truly appreciate what life with my drunkard bio dad would have been like, and I was able to tell my mama how much I loved her, valued her sacrifice, and appreciated her before she died.  And I still haven't found anyone to cut my hair to my satisfaction. 

Roger the cat died, and even though I never met him in person, I loved him from afar.  His squirrel killing skills were a joy to read.

My mama died and broke my heart..............

I thank G-d every day that I had her, but I miss her so much. 

2011 you almost broke me, but I'm still here.    2012 BRING IT!!

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

2011 was a very hard year--I lost two people who were close to me for almost fifty years....2012 is not exactly starting out to well, for me, as you know.

I dearly hope 2012 is a better year for you, in every way...! May it be filled with Good Hralth and Much Happiness for you and for all those you hold so dear...!

Jay said...

2011 was a tough year for me, too. I also lost my Mum and although I didn't actually see her very often, she's left a big hole in my life and I miss her so much ... I also lost an uncle, a cousin, and a very dear ex-neighbour who had become a lifelong friend.

I do hope that 2012 will be a very much better year for you, and kind to you and yours.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I'm with you...good bye and good riddance to 2011! It was so awful for so many people, just glad it's over and pray 2012 will bring healing, peace and happiness.

Tee and Hubby said...

I must agree 2011 was a very tough year. I'm glad it's gone.

Did you hubby ever find another job?